Thursday, November 18, 2010

Savage Detective



In a recent interview with Sam Barlow, who had a Bigfoot encounter in the Wayne National Forrest, I learned that I had in fact come across the very first instance where the creature had made a literary reference himself. Sam claims (and I believe him) that when he accidentally crossed paths with Bigfoot, he was reclined against a tree stump, looked despondent and reportedly sighed, “"This is my last communiqué from the planet of the monsters. Never again will I immerse myself in literature's bottomless cesspools. I will go back to writing my poems, such as they are, find a job to keep body and soul together, and make no attempt to be published." Not only was I amazed that he could talk, but was also incredulous that he would be quoting Roberto Bolaño.

No comments:

Post a Comment